- 7 carrots, about 1 lb (450g), chopped in thin slices
- 2 small potatoes, about 0,2 lb (80g), peeled an cut in small pieces
- 2 garlic gloves, pressed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leave
GET THE VEGETABLES COOKED.
Place carrots, onion, potatoes, bay leaf, garlic and vegetable paste in a pot and add water.
Bring to boil, when boiling reduce the heat and simmer for about 8 minutes until tender.
Add turmeric, thyme and nutmeg and cook for 2 more minutes.
Remove the bay leaf and bled in a blender on high speed. When blended add extra virgin olive oil and do not bring to boil any more.
Garnish with chopped chives before serving.
BLEND THE SOUP
Remove the bay leaf and bled well. Be careful not to burn yourself as the soup is hot. Start blending on low, fill the blender no more than halfway with the soup und use towel when blending.
When blended add extra virgin olive oil and do not bring to boil any more.
If necessary season with little salt.
Garnish with parsley before serving.
GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH
Carrots are extremely healthy. The contain a great combination of phytonutrients. They are fascination source of vitamin A, biotin, vitamin K, dietary fiber, molybdenum, potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. Carrots also nourish your body with a manganese, niacin, vitamin B1, panthothenic acid, phosphorus, folate, copper, vitamin E, and vitamin B2
Here are just some benefits of eating carrots:
- help regulate blood sugar
- reduce prevent heart disease and improve blood composition
- very important for children, teenagers and pregnant women, as it helps the development the growing organism
- improve the health of your eyes, skin, hair and nails
- helps to detoxify your body and builds new cells