This is nice and quick salad. Although my husband doesn´t like grapefruit and he is not a fan of arugula, he really enjoyed this salad. The combination of grapefruit and arugula makes the dish refreshing. The recipe is also great when having guests as it´s is an interesting combination and most people do not tend to experiment much when cooking. But the taste is surprisingly good. I will definitelly be making this one more often.
Let me know how you like the recipe!
- 1 pink grapefruit, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 125 g / 4.4 oz arucula
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 leaves mint, chopped (about 1 teaspoon)
PREPARE THE DRESSING AND TOSS WITH THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS
Mix olive oil, lemon juice and the chopped mint leaves with some salt into the dressing.
Add the arucula, grapefruit, basil, parsley and sunflower seeds, then toss well with the dressing.
GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH
Arugula, also called rocket and rucola is as healthy as broccoli, kale and Brussels sprouts. Arugula provides high levels of protein, zinc, copper and vitamin B6.
Here are just some benefits of arugula nuts:
- decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease
- promotes healthy complexion and increased energy
- contributes to your daily need for calcium
- contains cleansing properties and is able to counteract the poisoning effects of heavy metals in the boy, particularly in the liver.