This potato salad with vegan mayonnaise I have been making for years. But today it is here also for you. It is a great dish for summer, when you meet with your friends or you make a party. It is also a great choice if you are looking for a suitable vegan recipe that you can take with you for a picnic. The recipe is really easy, you don´t need very many ingredients and the most important thing is that it´s really delicious and something most people will enjoy. Most of us like potato salad and mayonnaise, so it is a great choice to go for.
But the best is that with this mayonnaise you don´t really have to feel guilty. The main ingredients are cashew nuts which are really healthy for you, then there is a little bit of water, lemon juice, mustard and some olive oil. So if you try to watch your weight it´s a great recipe to choose, especially if you don´t want to compromise with the taste. This mayonnaise is not as thick as the one you normally get in a store. The reason is that the potatoes need some sauce to make this dish work well. As far as the vegetable goes you need only four ingredients which are potatoes, spring onions, cucumber and red bell pepper.
This recipe is great for hot summer days as it is very refreshing. I hope you enjoy these vegan potato salad with the healthy mayonnaise. It would be great if you let me know what you think about it in the comments.
- 1 lb / 500 g potatoes (about 5 potatoes, middle size)
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in quarters lengthwise, then sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
COOK THE POTATOES
Wash the potatoes very well und cook them with the skin. When cooked let them get cold, peel them and cut them in bite-size pieces. I used organic potatoes, so I didn´t peel the skin. You can also use potatoes that you cooked the day before.
Place the cut potatoes in a bowl, then add the thinly sliced spring onions and the chopped red bell pepper.
PREPARE THE VEGAN MAYONNAISE
Put the cashew nuts into a mixer and ground them very finely. Then add water, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil and the vegetable paste. If you don´t have the vegetable paste you can use salt, herbamare or something similar.
Mix all the ingredients very well and check the taste. Add some more salt if necessary.
Then pour the mayonnaise over the vegetables, mix well and serve.
Ich hope you enjoy this potato salad with healthy mayonnaise.
GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH
This potato salad with healthy mayonnaise made of cashew nut is not only delicious, but it is a great benefit for your whole body. Cashews have delicate taste and their nutritional aspects are truly astonishing. They are full of vitamins, minerals, phyto-chemicals and dietary fiber so they can protect you from various diseases and cancers.
Here are just some benefits of eating cashew nuts:
- They are great for your heart because they are cholesterol free. The antioxidants also protect your heart.
- If you want to make your bones stronger, cashews can help you, as they contain a lot of calcium and magnesium.
- Make your blood healthy! If our blood is healthy, then we are healthy, because the life is in the blood. In cashew nuts there is a lot of copper and iron, which help your body form and utilize red blood cells. These red blood cells make sure your blood vessels, nerves and the whole immune system stays healthy and functions perfectly.